6.25.2007

Sick Little Dude

Well...

It's actually been about a week since all of this happened, but I'm just now getting around to updating our blog. Last Sunday, we had to take Cade to the ER (which is nothing new... he went there two times before he was 9 months old). But it was pretty scary, actually. He was having a real hard time breathing. He had had a cough all day and by the way it sounded, I knew it was what they call croup. But then when he was straining to take each breath and you could hear when he breathed in or out from clear across the room... it was time to go.

Well, they said it was definitely croup, which was no surprise to me b/c I had already self-diagnosed him and since I have always loved medicine, I'm pretty cocky about my thoughts. :) However, they said the breathing complications brought on by croup were bad enough to have to admit him to a room for observation for a while... WOH! I understand going to go the ER, but to actually have a room and stay in the hospital??? Crazy!

But he was such a trooper. He was so so so great. Mom wanted to cry he was so good. He laid on the CAT scan table real still while they took pictures of his head/throat and never moved a muscle. Just looked around with eyes like saucers. My poor baby!

Anyway, all is well now and he's back in to as much trouble as he was before and is as crazy as he was before, so that's good.

PS -- Marin slept 7 hours in a row last night. HALLE-FREAKING-LUIAH!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Cade!! I'm glad that he's better now. And - way to go Marin!! Could you please give your little buddy Natalie some tips??? :)

Stephanie said...

Awww, poor Cade. Girl, can I just say.... HE IS SO STINKING CUTE! More pictures... I want you to spend all your time taking pictures and sending them to me... now...Oh and Kacey heard HIGH COMPLIMENTS on you from the Special Occasions lady... Vicki? I don't remember... just thought you might smile at that.

Mandy and Joseph said...

He's so cute, Brooks. What a trooper! Definitely sounds like your kid to make an adventure out of a stay in the hospital :).

Shauna said...

we have done the ER a few too many times with our kiddos too!!! Sorry for you!