4.02.2006

Maiden Voyage

David has decided to officially lay off the threats to pack us all up and move to Canada. For today, my friends, we went out on Joe Pool Lake in my parents' new (well, it's actually old, but new to them) BOAT. Yes, a freaking awesome speedboat! So, David has decided it won't be too bad to stay here in Big D for a little while longer. PLUS he found out that the best mountain biking trails in Texas are in Cedar Hill State Park - literally 10 minutes from our house. So, that's also helping the "Stay in Texas" cause. Just to clarify - he was kinda joking when he's say we should just move to Vancouver... kinda. But summers here in the hot, flat, desert lands are looking a bit more optimistic since we'll be spending a lot of time on a lake. Yee Haw!

Dad, David and I took the boat out for its lake debut just today and it was an absolute BLAST!!! I sat in the boat and soaked up the rays while David and Dad took turns playing "Macho" at the wheel. Dad typically wins that game...and since it's his boat, we'll always let him win.

Kelsey and Derek leave for Japan on Thursday. I'm just convincing myself that it isn't really happening. And that's a nice place to live right now -- Delusion. But we're all set up to communicate across the globe as best as possible. We all have iSights, which are video web cams so we can talk while seeing eachother. I'll get to watch Kelsey balloon to 200 pounds eating nothing but carbs...and she'll get to watch me shrink down back to wedding-size since I've pretty much decided to become anorexic - starting tomorrow. KIDDING... well, sort of! :) But I have to get back down to AT LEAST pre-pregnancy weight so that David and I can start trying for baby #2 this summer...late this summer. Who knows, we'll see. No promises.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great next week and I know we're all excited about Elizabeth's wedding!!! You go girl!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

#1: I want some boat time. SOON.
#2: If you move to Canada, I will murder you, eh?
#3: Delusion.
#4: Baby number 2? WOO HOO! Come live in West Texas for a month and the weight will drip off--most of students' moms are size 2 or smaller...ICK!
#5: I'm handcuffing you to me on Thursday evening for the shenanigans...Grrrr...

Brooks said...

Delusion. Check. Already fixed on post.

Derek and Kelsey said...

I'm figuring out how to leave comments! Cool. We're not leaving tomorrow. That's good news right? :)