3.18.2006

Major Yard Projects




Spring Break week was nutso on the yard project homefront. These pictures don't even do the work justice. Basically, we (meaning David, Dad and Derek) demolished a huge deck that was out back originally built around an above ground pool (which we never saw), so it had a huge hole in the middle of it and couldn't even be used really. We also dug out a huge plant bed in the front, relined and mulched so it's clean and ready for planting!! I got out all by myself with my handy dandy little loppers and cut down close to 100 small trees and other random saplings around our front yard area... basically I rocked. LOTS left to do to get a yard ready for Cade to play in this summer! Derek may look skinny, but his huge, manly muscles really pack a punch when he holds a mallet. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I'm impressed!! So, I decided TODAY to end my flight back from CO at DFW. I was supposed to fly through DFW onto ATL, but once I really thought about being all alone w/ Todd for 2 weeks (since Brian leaves tomorrow afternoon for Europe), I thought Dallas was a much better option than alone in ATL!! Looking forward to getting together w/ you (hopefully several times!)

Stephanie said...

Geeezz...I can't see why you guys would want to tear all that gorgeous, useless wood up... Couldn't you have used the hole to store garbage, or as a huge recycle bin?? Maybe fill it with sand for a sand box?